Fellow Movie Buffs

Sunday, March 14, 2021

"Snowden"

I only knew peripherally about the case of Edward Snowden while it was occurring. I just knew that many folks were passionate about their opinion of him. While my wife thought he was a trailer, my father regarded him as a hero. In this film, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Shailene Woodley, Zachary Quinto and others, we witness all the events that led up to his whistle blowing. It's a tense drama that beautifully (I use this term loosely), unfolds. We witness a young man who truly loves his country become disillusioned with the overreaching surveillance our government is engaged in. The film jumps back and forth in time to great effect. I had mixed feelings before seeing "Snowden" but by the time it was over I wanted to tell everyone who had negative feelings about him to "just see the movie!" It sure made a believer out of me. 

4 out of 5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment