Fellow Movie Buffs

Monday, March 22, 2021

"Peppermint"

 Every once in a while, I'm up for a good revenge movie. And this one was pretty satisfying. It stars Jennifer Garner, who usually stars in lighter romcoms, so I was surprised to see her take on a role like this. But she did a credible job playing a badass, I must say. When her husband and young daughter are brutally murdered by a drug cartel, she's out to get even. She goes off the grid for five years, to train for her mission. And she comes back with a vengeance, aiming to knock off anyone remotely related to the death of her family. She amasses an over-the-top arsenal, but when that's seized, she uses her physical strength and wits to carry out her revenge. As you'd expect, things get bloody. So if you're at all squeamish, you may want to take a pass. I found myself totally on her side, rooting for her every time she went after someone on her hit list. 

3.5 out of 5 stars 



No comments:

Post a Comment