2013 * R * 1h 13m I'll be the first to admit I'm a huge fan of Saoirse Ronan. I've loved everythng she's appeared n. For some reason I missed this early film of hers. I must say, it's well worth watching. Here she plays Daisy, a young American girl who is sent to England to stay with her cousins. When WW3 breaks out, they flee but are soon rounded up by the army and separated. She escapes the work camp and spends the rest of the movie trying to get back home.
I thought Saoirse's performance was excellent and although there wasn't much to the story, I found myself captivated by the beautiful English countryside. One of the only beefs have with the movie is the fact that she falls in love with her cousin. I thought that was a bit weird.
3 1/2 out of 5 stars
Streaming for free with your library card on Hoopla and Kanopy, Youtube, Prime and Tubi. Also to rent on Prime Apple TV, Prime, Youtube, Fandango and other services.
No comments:
Post a Comment