Fellow Movie Buffs

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

"Sour Grapes"

I rarely watch documentaries. And it's even rarer for me to review one. But I thought this doc was well worth reviewing. It's all about the world of wine snobs and how they were duped by a mysterious Asian named Rudy. Some of the scenes where these oenophiles describe the wines they're tasting are almost comical. Christopher Guest would have a field day making a spoof about them, not unlike what he did with dog breeders in "Best in Show". These million/billionaires get caught up in a frenzy, buying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of rare wines. When it's revealed what Rudy does to these folks, you almost root for him--they simply have way too much disposable income and are far too full of themselves. While watching this film I kept saying to myself, you just can't make stuff up this good!

4 out of 5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment