Fellow Movie Buffs

Sunday, August 8, 2021

"Aftermath"

2021 1h 54min    Once in a while, I enjoy a good creepy movie, so this new one on Netflix grabbed my attention. What really intrigued me was it was based on a true story. About 15 minutes in I was about to give up. The story wasn't that scary and the acting was so-so. But then things got more and more bizarre, and the fact that it was all true, kept me watching. I'm glad I did. A young couple who are having some marital problems buy a home that was recently the scene of a murder-suicide. They get a great price on a unique, custom-built home. Then things start to unravel. The wife starts seeing and hearing mysterious and unexplained things. Her husband is convinced that she's having a breakdown, since he doesn't witness all the unusual activity. I have to admit, there were a couple scenes that literally made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Overall, a pretty decent addition to the scary movie cannon. 

3 out of 5 stars

Streaming on Netflix


No comments:

Post a Comment