Fellow Movie Buffs

Monday, May 18, 2020

"The Wrong Missy"

I love the term "screwball comedy". And that the phrase that perfectly describes this movie. A quiet, super straight middle-age man goes on a blind date where he meets a totally out of control loon named Missy. She's obviously not the right woman for him. However, on a business trip he meets another Missy who seems to be his soulmate. They have so much in common it's uncanny. So on an corporate retreat to Hawaii, he inadvertently invites the wrong Missy to join him. Awkward moments doesn't even come close to describing the trip. It's so over the top it's ridiculous. Warning: lots of absolutely filthy language, so if that bothers you, take a pass. I found myself laughing out loud several times, which is unusual for me. Very funny film and one I think I'll have to watch again when I need a good pick-me-up.
3.5 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment