Fellow Movie Buffs

Saturday, June 10, 2023

"We're the Millers"

 2013 * R * 1h 50m If you're a fan of Jason Sedeikis, then you're in for a real treat with this film. I love him in "Ted Lasso" but this guy has made an absolute boatload of other great films over the years. And a good deal of them are comedies. This little gem is truly laugh-out-loud funny. 

David (Sedeikis) is a pot dealer. While all of his college buddies have moved on, he's still stuck in his old ways. One day he gets robbed and owes his supplier, played by Ed Helm, a ton of money. He's forced to go down to Mexico and bring back a shipment of dope. So he concocts this hair-brained idea to rent an RV, and head south of the border with a made-up family. His make-believe family includes Rose (Jennifer Anniston) a stripper who pretends to be his wife. I've never seen Ms. Anniston this foul-mouthed before. I think it's one of the best parts she's played. It turns out to be one of the whackiest road trip films I've ever seen. While on the road he encounters another couple, played by Nick Offerman ("Parks and Rec") and Katheryn Hahn. And the film takes so many twists and turns you never see coming. It all adds up to a hilarious, madcap adventure you're sure to enjoy!

I have no idea how I missed this when it first came out but I'm sure glad I watched it. It's one of the funniest movies I've seen in  a while!

Warning: The film is full of raunchy dialogue and action.

4 out of 5 stars. 

Currently streaming on Netflix and to rent on Prime Video. 



No comments:

Post a Comment