Fellow Movie Buffs

Monday, July 26, 2021

"For the Love of Spock"

 I don't watch or review too many documentaries, but when I see one this good, I feel a need to tell everyone I know about it. If you grew up in the 1960s and 70s, you couldn't help but be a big Star Trek fan. And if you were a nerd like me, Mr. Spock was your hero. He was the epitome of cool. Alway logical and even keeled in the face of danger. This documentary was made by Leonard Nimoy's son and you can just feel the love he had for his dad. The film covers his entire life, but obviously focuses on his relationship with the character he's best known for. It covers the relationship the two had, which was rather rocky at times. And it discusses the battle he faced with alcohol and his beating his addiction. And you come away with the sense that not only was he a Renaissance man of sorts, he ultimately grew into and accepted his role as a loving family man. 

4 out of 5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment