Fellow Movie Buffs

Monday, June 15, 2020

"Before I Fall"

If I had to describe this movie in one sentence, I'd call it "Groundhog Day for teens". But that would be oversimplifying it, and it's hardly a comedy. It's about one day in a young high school senior girl's life. She's part of a gang of cool girls who all go to a party where they have a fight with the weird, artsy girl. The kids end up in a car wreck and the narrator, played by Zoey Deutch ends up dying. As expected, she wakes up the next morning, obviously startled, and has to live the day over again. The film is a little on the sappy side, but I enjoyed it for the fine acting, especially Ms Deutch, and the moral of the story. It's a tad predictable, but not too preachy, and I thought it was worth watching.
3.5 suit of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment