Fellow Movie Buffs

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

"Sleeping With Other People"

First off, let me say this is a pretty raunchy movie. I can think of a more appropriate title, but it would never get by the censors. That said, it a very funny, smart movie. What can you say about a film that includes lines like, "He's the Pontiac Aztec of human beings" and "He has the charm of a broken Etch A Sketch"? The story is about a couple of college kids, Jake (Jason Sudeikis) and Lainey (Alison Brie) who lose their virginity to each other, then go their separate ways. When they reconnect several years later, they become best friends, while having casual sex with everyone but each other. Fairly predictable story line, but very well written. It's the kind of movie I find myself wanting to watch again to catch all the humorous lines I missed.
4 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment